2018 MIPS Eligibility
Who Participates in MIPS?
You are eligible to participate in the MIPS track of the Quality Payment Program if you bill more than $90,000 to Medicare in allowable charges, AND provide care to more than 200 Medicare patients per year, and you are one of the following clinicians:
- Physicians, which includes doctors of medicine, doctors of osteopathy (including osteopathic practitioners), doctors of dental surgery, doctors of dental medicine, doctors of podiatric medicine, doctors of optometry, and chiropractors
- Physician assistants (PAs)
- Nurse practitioners (NPs)
- Clinical nurse specialists
- Certified registered nurse anesthetists
- Any clinician group that includes one of the professionals listed above
Determine Your MIPS EligibilityClick Here
What Should You Do?
If included in MIPS, the clinician:
- Must participate to avoid a negative adjustment to their Medicare Part B payments and potentially earn an upward adjustment.
- Can participate as an individual or as part of their group.
- Collect performance data for services that were furnished beginning on January 1, 2018 until December 31, 2018.