There are several high-impact pitch opportunities in the next few weeks and months for those seeking angel investment and funding — NJEN Posters, Pitches, and Prizes (March 29), NJTC Venture Conference (April 6), NJEDA Founders and Funders (April 27), EDC Venture Summit (November 3).
As you prepare for these events, we encourage you to take advantage of our upcoming How to Win an Investor’s Attention: Pitch Deck Coaching Session on Thursday, March 30 at the EDC.
- The Top 10 most important slides to include in your investor pitch deck;
- Demonstrating Traction (Proof of progress/concept and business momentum);
- Financial considerations needed to explain revenue and valuation;
- Post-pitch strategy to secure the next meeting.
- Clear knowledge of what you should be including in your investor pitch deck;
- The key outcomes and investor questions you must be answering in your deck;
- How to avoid common mistakes that leave investors unenthusiastic about your business.
The coaching session will be led by Jerry Creighton, Sr., the executive director of the EDC. Jerry is a serial entrepreneur, certified Business Model Canvas Facilitator, angel investor, and co-founder of the Highlanders Angel Network. Jerry brings deep industry knowledge given his background conducting M&A work for major international companies such as AT&T, Lucent Technologies and Deutsche Telekom / T-Systems and extensive insight spanning multiple facets of strategy development, operational management, marketing & sales, finance, venture transaction planning and implementation.